Friday, August 14, 2009
My Very First Award!!
I was so excited to receive my very first award in blogland the other day, from Nicole at The Armchair Housewife! I was so happy the first day I discovered her blog. Not only does she love all things vintage, but each and every post is so inspiring, and you won't find a nicer person! If you don't believe me, check out her blog yourself! Well, now I'm supposed to share five things that I am obsessed with right now, and that's why it's taken me so long to do this. I had a hard time picking just 5 things!
1. I am obsessed with ripping apart my back garden! I know that sounds crazy, but I'll explain, and it'll all make perfect sense! Almost two years ago, I went to my neighbor's door, to ask them to stop their dog from barking at 2AM, like it had for the previous three nights. I was yelled at and threatened, and I have been too scared and intimidated to go back there ever since, because I found out he is in a gang. So that's 2 years worth of weeds to contend with, but I am determined to take my garden back!
2. I am obssessed with Masterpiece Theatre on PBS! I am so excited that Sense & Sensibility is going to be on Sunday!
3. I am obsessed with magazines! I love all of the BH&G special publications, like Country Gardens, Flea Market Finds, 100 Makeover Ideas, etc. I mourn the loss of Home Companion and Country Home!
4. I am obsessed with reading other blogs! It seems I find a new one every day to fall in love with, because I like all styles of decorating, and I really like the ones written by women who find the humor in day-to-day living!
5. I am obsessed with reading at least 1 good book every week! But it's so hard in the summer! I am the type to slog through a boring book, because I hate to not finish one! I've recently read the lastest one by Maeve Binchy(my favorite), Firefly Lane, The Other Queen, The Constant Princess, any about Henry VIII.
Now comes the really hard part. I get to choose 5 blogs to pass this award to! Sooo many great ones, it's hard to choose. I'm listing the blogs that are making me happy right now. Here goes:
1. Tammy's Sweet Life- I love checking in with Tammy every morning, because she is the sweetest lady there is! She always leaves the nicest comments on my blog!
2. Shiny Red Houses-Sara is one of those funny women I was talking about, who can find the humor in any situation!
3. Susie's Country Cottage and Garden- Susie's blog satisfies my love for everything British! It's fun to watch her and her brother renovate their country cottage, and her gardens are GORGEOUS!
4. It's A Very Cherry World- This blog always puts a smile on my face! Sue loves cherries, the color red, and all things vintage!
5. Penniwig's- This gal has got a different graphic for you to use, every day, for FREE! That's right. FREE. And they're gorgeous. And she's hilarious!
Whew! That was hard! Thanks again, Nicole, and YOU'RE FABULOUS!