Sunday, January 2, 2011
The Year In Junk 2010
Ahhh 2010, you were a very good year for junking! And now it is time to share a countdown of my Top Ten junk finds from this past year.....
10. Still crazy about this buck-toothed bunny and her babies!
9. A vintage lounger, with a cushion that has yards and yards of tropical barkcloth.
8. A Santa pitcher.
7. A pink tray and pink pottery heart.
6. A pretty plant stand.
5. It was a very good year for picnic baskets.....
4. I've wanted one of these plant stands for years, but they were always way too expensive. Here's proof that if you wait, it will come!
3. An old turquoise transistor radio from the flea market.
2. Vintage pink kitchen clock. I had to take out the wiring and make it battery operated. $2 at the flea market + $3 clock kit= one snazzy clock!
1. I'd been doing some very vocal complaining (just ask Mr. Old Glory) that I couldn't find any vintage bluebirds at my price. 2010 brought me several! A sweet little old lady sold me these two for $1.
A not-so-sweet old lady sold me this pitcher for $3 I think.
And these two birds came via that very same lady, who I thought I was going to have to wrestle to get them. So once again, it being a brand new year, I feel I must warn the cranky old ladies out there that this cranky "young" lady WILL fight for her treasures!
2010 was a great junking year, and I look forward to a very junky 2011!