.

.

Saturday, May 26, 2012

A Bunting For The Garden!

Let's take a peek at what's blooming in the garden this week!
I made a bunting for the new picket fence!
I wanted to use oilcloth, but the selection is extremely limited around here, and I would have had to spend a fortune online to get a variety of patterns. So instead I bought this vinyl tablecloth at JoAnn Fabrics. It matches the tablecloth on the patio table, so I knew it would hold up really well outside.
I cut a bunch of diamond-shaped pieces, folded them over the nylon rope and glued them shut. Can you say NO SEW?!
,
I have a friend who is a floral designer, and she brought me one of these stands used in weddings at her shop.
I got a white pot at Menards and planted purple Calibrachoa and pink Torenia in it. I can't wait for it all to cascade out of that pot!
The orange Asiatic lilies are in bloom.
I think the Betty Boop rosebush is having it's best year ever.
A close-up of a Betty Boop bloom.
The poppies are blooming too. It was a windy windy day, so unfortunately this is the best shot I could get.
The alliums are blooming too. They're a member of the onion family, so whenever I'm working around them, I get a whiff of onion and I start to get hungry!
Are you doing anything special this Memorial Day weekend? I plan to work in the garden, but I certainly won't be getting sloshed, like these two. She looks like she's talking to that geranium, and he's hiding a sharp tool behind all of that beer. See, nothing good can come from getting drunk in the garden! 

15 comments:

Perfectly Printed said...

Your bunting looks great!! What a great idea to use the plastic tablecloth!
Happy Weekend!
chris

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

What a wonderful idea for your new fence! Your garden is looking good, wish I could spend more time in it this weekend...too HOT!
We have about 20 over Sunday for a cookout..I think some of us will be hanging out in the dining room!
Have a great holiday weekend

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love that bunting! I'm marking this page...I really want to make one and you've figured out the easy way! Love the tablecloth idea, too! How smart! I hope I'm feeling better soon...right now I'm sick with a cold or something!

Elaine @ Sunny Simple Life said...

That bunting is adorable. Heck I have to head to Joann's cause that is a cute tablecloth. I don't sew so I never think to go there. Enjoy your weekend in the garden.

Diane said...

You're such a clever one using the tablecloth like that! It looks wonderful on your new picket fence too!
Enjoy your weekend!

Andy's Attic said...

Great bunting on the fence! I will be in my garden this weekend also...if the weather cooperates. Have a good weekend!
Annette :>)

vintage grey said...

Such a sweet bunting!! Your garden looks beautiful!! Have a lovely Memorial Day weekend!! xo Heather

Linda @ A La Carte said...

You have inspired me to make a bunting from a tablecloth! Great idea. Oh no, drinking in the garden is never a good idea! LOL!@ Linda

Kim K. said...

I think the girls need a weatherproof bunting for their treehouse. The tablecloth bunting is brilliant! Gorgeous blooms. Have a wonderful weekend.

Mecky said...

Nothing good can come from getting drunk anywhere!!!

That is a fantastic idea to use the tablecloth! It looks great!

I can't wait to see the plants trailing down the side of the pot and stand. That was great your friend gave you that. It is going to look great!!!

Have a great weekend!

Sentimentally Me said...

BRILLIANT use of the tablecloth!! I love love LOVE thinking outside the box like that!

PS: I'll teach you how to crochet :)

Anytime!

xo P

Sentimentally Me said...

BRILLIANT use of the tablecloth!! I love love LOVE thinking outside the box like that!

PS: I'll teach you how to crochet :)

Anytime!

xo P

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

You're a genius lady! I think I have a cute little aqua and strawberry tablecloth that would be perfect for a project like this! Your garden pots are gorgeous. I need to do that today! MUST do it today! It's always so fun to buzz by and visit you.

GARAGE SALE GAL ~ Deb's Earthly Delights said...

The "beer's" are to keep the slugs out of the garden...I read that somewhere... true!
LOL !!!
LOVE the garden banner! What a fun idea, you little creative gal!
Your flowers are doing well...mine, not so much...plus we have been having LOTS of rain.
Have a great weekend, Carol!
Warmly,
deb

Jann Olson said...

Drunks in the garden would be a STAGGERING sight. lol! Love the poster though. Using the vinyl cloth was a great idea. I think the bunting is so sweet. Love the plant stand. I just bought two beauties from my friends Aunt Bunny. She sold them to me for $20 each. I saw similar ones at a shop yesterday and they were each over $100. Yahoo, what a deal I got. Hoping to post about them on Tuesday. Have a wonderful holiday. We have a family wedding. Looks like time to go get dressed for it.
Hugs,
Jann