.

.

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

MY WEEKEND FINDS

Thanks for tuning in to another episode of My Weekend Finds, the continuing saga of one girl's quest for more junk!~~~~~~~~It was a case of quality over quantity in the junking department last week. But I won't complain, because the flea market is open and it seems that garage sale season has officially begun. YAY!
This poor Napco lady head vase has a broken neck. If she didn't, I never would have been able to afford her! She's a real beauty, despite the fact that she also has a serious amount of vegetation sprouting from her hair!
After I lopped off all of those flowers, she looks fantastic and gets along really well with all of the other girls!
I have been coveting a watering can like this one for a very long time, and finally found one at a fair price.
I'm always happy to add a new piece to my collections. Now, you may be looking at this picture and thinking: "She can't possibly fit another watering can up there. She's done collecting them". WRONG! There's always room for one more, and I was thinking that if I put the vintage trellis that's just sitting in the garage up on that wall, well my goodness, there's tons of room for more watering cans!
It was pretty hard to spot this mid century metal hanging planter in amongst all of those blue silk flowers, but I managed to see past them, and knew the hanger would look cute hanging on the back porch.
After spending a bit of time pulling those fake flowers out, I scurried on over to Jewel to get some real live purple pansies. LOOOOVE IT!
This bird cage was in need of a bird to sit on the perch, so I was happy to find this vintage clip-on bluebird at an estate sale.
My back still hurts from hauling this cement deer up from the basement at an estate sale. And it looks like somebody needs to start raking up some leaves. Or maybe not. Because after all, we're only halfway through April, and it did snow a little bit Saturday morning. Better wait a few weeks!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~So how's the junking situation, and the weather, in your part of the world? 

20 comments:

Diane said...

Wonderful finds! I have a not-too-big collection of head vases too. Love them, but they are very hard to find at reasonable prices.

Swanky Salvage Decor said...

LOVE everything you found! I especially love the watering can. Sure wish I could find a lady head vase that was in my price range. Every time I do find one it's broken. I remember my Grandma having two of those in her windowsill. Love what you did with the hanging planter, very cute!

Tammy

Anonymous said...

Hi, Carol! Your watering can collection is just so sweet. Keep going!

Love your sweet little banner on your porch! I have plans for one as well.

How does your kitty do outside? We haven't let ours out yet because we're afraid they will run off. They were used to roaming wherever they wanted on the farm.

The garage sales haven't started up here yet but I'll be hitting the city antique malls today after my Dr. appointment and I'm so excited to find something great! ♥

Protector of Vintage said...

Love that cute deer!! Not many sales here yet...still cold and rainy/snowy. Have a great week!

GardenOfDaisies said...

Oh my goodness, such fun finds! I love the shape of the spout on your newest watering can! I'm sure you could squeeze a few more in there if you shuffled things around a bit. :-) That little deer is so cute and will look adoarable in your garden. I can imagine it was hard to carry up stairs. You may need to treat yourself to a massage today. We started the garden clean-up this past weekend (raking, trimming, weeding, edging), but it's going to take another weekend, or two, or three, to get things in order. My arms are covered in scratches from the rose bushes.

Mecky said...

You found some nice things. The head vase is wonderful, even if it isn't perfect!

I am so glad that you have some garage sales starting up along with being able to go to the flea market. I went the other day but didn't find much. I need to share on my blog soon. Just been busy!

Have a great day
Mecky

Musings from Kim K. said...

I love the idea of hanging a vintage trellis for even more display of your fantastic watering can collection. Brilliant! Great finds...as always!

laurie -magpie ethel said...

Glad the season is finally starting up and love the little display with the watering cans...there CERTAINLY is room to add more!

Unknown said...

Oh Carol! Those vintage children's watering cans....I would just like to find one, just one!!!!

GREAT finds!

Lynn said...

Lovin' your new lady! This might sound crazy... but it almost looks like you might be able to add/glue a "string of pearls" around her neck to hide the break. Just a thought-enjoy:@)

ThrifterSisters said...

Every single time I see those little watering cans or the sand pails, I think of you and your collection. I am still waiting on finding my first one. All that I find are pretty pricey.

Glad to hear that flea market & garage sale season is in full swing in your area! It is in mine too. Hopefully we are able to find enough treasures to make each other jealous, but in a good way:-)

Erica

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Great finds all of them, but the watering can is my favorite. I love your collection and there is always rooms for more!!

Hugs,
Linda

Pam Kessler said...

There's always room for more watering cans. Your newest one is darling.

Jill said...

A watering can collection - too cute!!

Tammy's in Love said...

I'm thinking it's some kind of obsessive compulsive thing we get with our collections. My personal need for crocheted hot pads continues when I see a pattern I don't have yet...looks like I should be happy it wasn't watering cans which take up more room!

Jane said...

You've got some fabulous collections and you have added some fun new pieces to them. Love the watering can!!
Jane

Linda said...

I am loving your blog!! Can we say 'Eye CANDY??'

Barbara said...

I was so worried I was going to be TWO weekends behind in your junking adventures - phew! A little envious of the watering can find ... and thank you for cutting that poor head vase's greenery. Would a classic pearl necklace cover up her injury?

Unknown said...

I think I have seen that hairdo before.

Anonymous said...

Any info on blonde lady head vase with green blouse? I have identical one. Sherry