.

.

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

REDNESDAY!

Finally. FINALLY I have some reds to share for REDNESDAY! When you're done looking at my reds, be sure to head over to It's A Very Cherry World, where Sue hosts Rednesday every week.
Over the weekend I found this vintage Santa on a swing. I'm no expert, but I think those might be pink mercury glass picks in his head!
I've finally had enough of the flowers around the lamp post engulfing the red bike, so I moved it over here. The red begonias in the bike basket are still going strong. I know I should probably toss them, instead of waiting until it's frigid out there, but I just can't do it! 
This picnic basket is looking a bit orange in the shot, but trust me that it's red! I love to collect those Osage Oranges that drop along the road. They look like green brains! Have you heard that placing them around the house keeps spiders away? I don't know if it's true, but I do it anyway!
I'm finally sharing all of the goodies that I received from Martha's giveaway at Seaside Simplicity. She really did her homework, because she included lots of the things that I love, like vintage radios and Red White & Blue!
This afghan is my favorite thing in the giveaway box. Do you know that I've always wanted to learn to crochet, just so that I could make a patriotic afghan?!! This is going to save me so much time, and you just can't underestimate the fact that there won't be any unladylike swearing that would have occurred when I would undoubtedly have dropped a stitch, or whatever it's called when you mess up while crocheting. Yes Martha, Mr. Old Glory thanks you, and I thank you too!~~~~Want more reds? If so, head over to Sue's!

24 comments:

laurie -magpie ethel said...

Yep, those are mercury glass picks. Nice little item to find tucked in with Santa.

Primitive Stars said...

Hello...wonderful little santa...love the afhgan, really pretty...great goodies you got there...Blessings Francine.

ThrifterSisters said...

That Santa on a swing is too cute for words. I am going to have to keep my eye out for one! Love all your finds (as usual) and thanks for the idea of the gords in the bread box. Now I know what to do with the one that I have sitting outside.

Erica

Perfectly Printed said...

Love your bike!, h and I Love your watering can too!

Chris

Jill said...

That Santa is a sweet find!! So cute!!

Susan Freeman said...

Those are wonderful reds and I especially love that bike!

Hugs,
Susan and Bentley

Jeannie Marie said...

Lots of fun red today! Nothing better than a red bike...best picture hands down! Happy Rednesday!

Unknown said...

Carol!!! At long last, Jack is back! I could not comment for the life of me for awhile until I figured out that I could only comment on Google Chrome! Now I'm here, soaking your past posts in. Your home is all decked out for spooks and cuteness. I love it! Gads, you and your good junk finds fill my heart to the brim with happiness!

That Santa on a swing is so dang cute! Are you on Pinterest too? I simply have to find you too. I am, you'll like my boards!

Happy to be back to the land of blog!

LV said...

You found some great things for red day.

Old Fashioned Gal said...

That santa on the swing is so darn cute!!! Love all of your Reds! :)
-Denise

Unknown said...

Giggling at the thought of you not having to crochet a patriotic afghan! Such fun! E

Jeannie Marie said...

I'll be watching for your post with the witch costume! I hope I won't miss it!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Love all your red's and especially your new afghan. How wonderful that you received this from a friend.
hugs, Linda

Lola said...

So cute!Love all yr finds too - as always!

Happy Rednesday!

Anonymous said...

Cute santa! ♥

SueLovesCherries said...

OMG, Carol, that Santa is fantastic! I haven't seen one like that before - good for you! Congrats on your winnings - great assortment! And, don't feel bad, I don't knot or crochet either. Don't know why - I do just about everything else!

Andy's Attic said...

Hi Carol, love the reds this week. The patriotic afghan is the same pattern my mother aways used to make afghans for each of the kids and grandkids. :>)

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

Love all of your wonderful items. The plaid picnic basket is so cute. The begonias in the red bike's basket look great. But your little swinger Santa with the mercury glass picks in the head was my fave. I almost forgot the red watering can, it's perfect.

craftyles said...

That Santa is adorable. Love that plaid picnic basket too. So that's what those green grapefruity looking things are. I see those around here-next time I'm stopping. Love how you displayed everything!

Barbara said...

Although I have no doubt you could learn to make that afghan, it sure is nice to have one given to you! We don't have Osage oranges out this way ... they are kinda creepy!

GardenOfDaisies said...

LOL! I think the osage oranges look like brains, too!!

❀~Myrna~❀ said...

I love your great red vintage shares!That was a fabulous Give away you won !

Cottage Dreaming and Flea Market Wishing said...

oh I am sooo jealous of that lovely afghan...I too adore the red, white and blue :)

Martha said...

Thanks for the mention here Carol. So glad you enjoyed the goodies I sent. Finally stopping over for a little catch up :)