.

.

Monday, October 8, 2012

MY WEEKEND FINDS

Thanks for tuning in to another episode of My Weekend Finds, the continuing saga of one girl's quest for more junk!
The garage saling season has just about ground to a halt. Lately the pickings are so bad that sometimes we do a drive-by, not even bothering to get out of the car. That is until I saw this aqua case sitting on a table at a sale. We were almost past the driveway when I yelled for my friend Nancy to STOP!!! I was pretty sure it was something that I had been waiting all summer to find.
And I was right. Inside that case was a vintage aqua typewriter! It looks scrumptious next to the pink radio, doesn't it? I can't wait to do a little Halloween vignette around it, so stay tuned! 
I found a few additions to my holiday collections, like this Easter die cut and fantastically tacky plastic decoration. Just what my collection needed: A bunny playing a banjo!
Another Lefton candy cane girl and some little bottle brush trees.
Finally. FINALLY I found a Gurley witch candle!
Some Beistle honeycomb Thanksgiving decorations, found in a bag at the thrift store. The girl pilgrim was missing, and I can only imagine that she must be busy somewhere, rattling some pans and whipping up a fabulous Thanksgiving dinner!
I also found a bunch of vintage magazines, and this one is my favorite, because that illustration on the cover pretty much sums up how I feel about housework! So, what kind of treasures did you find last week?

20 comments:

Musings from Kim K. said...

Seriously AMAZING holiday finds. I can't believe all the goodies. That vintage Easter is divine...banjo and all! Love the gurley candle too. She's just so sweet. Well done!

Primitive Stars said...

Hello, wow!!!! you hit the holiday jackpot my friend. Loooove the die cut Easter sign, so cute,the bottle brush trees to and the little witchy Gurly candle, omg!!!! so sweet, you done good. Blessings Francine.

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

How do you always find so many holiday things? Love the candy cane girl, luckily have the little witch.
Yes, your typewriter looks fab next to the pink radio...of course I was checking out the mccoy too!
Headed to the auction at home tomorrow night...hope I find some goodies!

Barbara said...

You had a great weekend, girlfriend! You know you've hit some kind of level of ... obsession? ... when you can spot a typewriter case from the curb. Good work!

Anonymous said...

GASP! I can't beleive you found an aqua typewriter! There are so many vintage lovin' women on the look out for one of those!! I'm glad you found yours. :)

acorn hollow said...

well holy finds! you found some great things. I haven't been yard saling for several weeks and now it is over.
boo hoo
Cathy

ThrifterSisters said...

Hey! I have the same tablecloth that the typewriter case is sitting on. And everybody needs a banjo playing bunny, right? Awesome holiday finds. I'm kinda jealous:-)

Erica

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

The aqua sure makes it special! What a find! Can't wait to see your vignette!

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

Carol, You always get the best stuff! Love your Lefton girl, I have her. Vintage Christmas figurines are addicting. Can't believe you found the aqua typewriter, fabu next to the pink!

Don't miss my tablecloth giveaway, I'm picking the name soon. Pam

Diane said...

Great stuff! I'm a Gurley Girl too! And thought you might be interested to know the Easter cut-out of the two chicks on the left I bought new about 18 years ago so that is pretty old already! Thanks for posting your treasures!

Diane said...

Just had a second look-- those are ducks, aren't they?!

vintage grey said...

What great finds! Love the aqua typewriter and the honeycombs!! So neat! Happy week to you! xo Heather

Andy's Attic said...

You had a great week!! You found your typewriter and a Gurley candle you wanted. I say that's a great week.

craftyles said...

Doesn't everyone need a bunny playing the banjo? I love the typewriter and can't wait to see what you do with it. Cute fall stuff too.

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Carol first you find a vintage TURQUOISE typewriter then those awesome Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter decorations! You are really a great junk finder! Love that magazine cover. I hate housework cause as soon as I'm done it needs doing again! Hugs, Linda

Lynn said...

Lovin' your little witch candle! Seems I'm pretty smitten with honeycomb decorations too-enjoy:@)

Martha said...

You always find the greatest stuff! I've never found the kind of thing you find and I'm a real picker and digger when I go to the sales. I suppose it must have something to do with where we live? Hope all is well with your mom.

SueLovesCherries said...

Boy, you've really been bringing home the turquoise lately, haven't you? Now you just need some turquoise pumpkins!

Sentimentally Me said...

Oh My Goodness! What a beauty-of-a-typewriter! Great Score :)

Little Susie Home Maker said...

Oh, I just love the typewriter! It reminds me of the one I used to do my homework on. It had been my mom's, and was so neat! I just can't stand how cute the little Thanksgiving decorations are, and the banjo playing bunny! You did very good. My outing this week brought me home nothing, I sadly report :(
Glad you found some good stuff!
Blessings,
Susie