.

.

Friday, May 22, 2009

Memorial Day & Thrifty Finds

I want to join in! I didn't think anyone would be doing this today, and in fact I forgot 'til this morning. I only went to one garage sale, and this cart is all I got. I love it, and of course I had to run out and get some flowers! It was $3. If you would like to see other bloggers' finds, please visit Southern Hospitality
Just puttering around a bit in the garden. Can't wait to watch these flowers fill out over the summer. This old bike isn't rideable anymore, from the flat tire to that seat...ouch! The basket on the bike is mine from when I was little. Do you remember those pinwheels from your childhood? It seems I got a new one every summer, because I loved last year's one to death! I hope you have a happy and safe Memorial Day weekend, and please remember our soldiers.
~*~Carol~*~

16 comments:

Protector of Vintage said...

Cute photo! I saved the basket to my bike, too!!

Cindy said...

I love the bike. On my bike that I ride, I put a basket on it...Love it!

Anonymous said...

Hi Carol!

Love your photo and the bike. Charming!
Yes, bless our servicemen and women!

love, kelee

Kerry said...

Thanks so much for commenting on my blog! I love yours and am following it! Would you be interested in being featured on mine and sharing some of your finds?
Kerry

Bamawhitney said...

Great find!!!

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

That bike is so cute!

And that cart - adorable.

SugarPlumFairy said...

The picture of the cart with the plants on it is so cute. See, you don't need my help to take great pictures! ;) The bike is good too of course!

The Tattered Cottage said...

Love the cart...I have been looking for one. Great price too!
Toni

Arlene said...

Wow!!! What an awesome $3 find. Good job!!!

The Stylish House said...

Hi Carol,
I just found your blog through Rhonda’s event and have had such fun looking around. I love, love this bike filled with the sweet basket of flowers! I am curious about your Sear’s Roebuck home. Your front porch looks divine. Hope you are having a nice Memorial Day. ~Cathy~

Jessica Morris said...

Cute idea!!

Someone else got an old ladder and had flowers sitting on it in their garden. I liked that idea too.

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Oh, I love that teacart. I have a couple of those I've found too & they are great outdoors. Love the bike too, it's adorable!

Mary said...

I love the teacart, and at 3$!
THe bike is adorable.

Caroline said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog Carol...that teacart plant stand is so sweet! I love it and I love white! Off now to check out more of your blog.

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

Love the cart! I need to find something like that! Love the bike too!

Manuela

Lena said...

My sister once had strawberry valances like yours. I loved them. She has since moved to a new kitchen, but I thought her "strawberry kitchen" was so cozy and I enjoyed visiting her there. I've enjoyed seeing all of your chalkware fruit. I have a chalkware basket full of flowers. I'm hoping to hang it in my garden room someday soon.