.

.

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Weekend Finds

As always, every Monday you can check out other bloggers' thrifty finds at Southern Hospitality This weekend was our citywide garage sale. I must have gone to 30 sales, and this is what I got. Not alot, but I guess it's a good thing I didn't find something at every sale, right? I got some pottery. That big vase is Abingdon Pottery, which I had never heard of, so I had to Google it. They ceased production in 1950, so it is at least 59 years old. The other vase is a McCoy, and the bootie and bird are marked USA. I always wanted one of these "Mother" pictures, below. Even though it has a little water damage, I love it. The vase I couldn't pass up at 50 cents.


This little cash register I got at a sale run by former antique store owners. Everything they were selling was SO cheap. This was $1.00. I am selling it on Ebay. There is a link on my sidebar, if you're interested.
I like this plant holder. It's very cottagey looking. It was $1
I thought this was a picnic basket, but it's a grill! The owner wanted $5 for it. I said no, that I thought it was a picnic basket. He said "Take it for $2.00". So as you can see, he MADE me buy it! I hope you found some treasures this weekend too!


21 comments:

Sue said...

I have the same grill-got at an auction years ago in the original box. Also got a blue picnic basket that matches and they look fun in my kitchen. You got a good deal!

From the Old InkWell said...

OH MY! Didn't you do good! I am green with envy over your vases! Love McCoy and USA!

Kammy said...

Great job, looks like you had alot of fun !
Hugs ~ Kammy

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Great finds! You know I am absolutely loving that Mother picture! I collect those. The baby shoe is right up my alley too. Have a nice week! Twyla

Jessica Morris said...

that cash register is adorable! :) good finds!

Shara said...

I haven't found a piece of matte whit pottery in a very long. time. I have plenty. I just want more! ;o) Love that grill! A tin picnic basket is high on my MUST FIND this this summer and every summer, infact. Someday I WILL find one!

The Tattered Cottage said...

Oh my gosh...it's a grill?? Love it!
Toni

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Carol, I LOVE the white vases! I would have bought those too. I found 2 white pieces this weekend at an antique mall.

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

WOW! :) My Nannie has a "grill" just like that in her glass house--I thought it was an old picnic basket too!! You had some great finds. :) Thanks for visiting!

marmielu said...

Hi, Carol! Thanks for visiting my blog. You really got a variety of things! That grill is an interesting find. I've never see anything like that.
Mary Lou

Kim @ Starshine Chic said...

I love seeing all the deals everyone finds at yard sales & thrift stores. You found some terrific items. I loved your comment about the picnic basket grill that he made you buy it. Too funny. Thanks for visiting my blog & leaving me a nice comment.

Eclectic Chic Style said...

Wow, what great finds, I love them ALL!!! I had a cash register similiar to that when I was a little girl how fun!!
And the grill is pretty awesome too, I've never seen one!!
Have a wonderful Monday!
♥ Teresa

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Great finds.
Glenda

Victoria said...

Oh what great finds!!!

Love the cash register and the metal picnic basket. My Dad used to have one similar that he kept his garden seeds in. :)

If my MIL doesn't want the blue mugs, I'll pack them up and send them to you!

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

It's a grill! How cool is that! You got some really cute things especially all those vases!

Manuela

SugarPlumFairy said...

yes, the plant holder is very "cottagey looking" hahahah ;) good job finding all that cool stuff, sorry i didnt go with you because you know i would have absolutely loved to wake up at 7 am and meander through our LOVELY town... hehe

Anonymous said...

Hi Carol!

love that cash register...did it have money in it:):):):)


stop over....always love your ideas.....

love, kelee

Lena said...

It's a grill? My goodness, I've never seen one of those before. That's a clever idea for a picnic, isn't it?

Your McCoy vase was a real find, and all of your other things are very nice too. You're making me think about treasure hunting again soon. It's been awhile for me.

Anonymous said...

thanks for stopping by. i love the vases and little bird you found at the sale. good job!

Kim G. said...

Great finds! I love your Mother print, it looks like a Mary Gold print, there are many mother motto prints by Mary Gold, I have only one. Love all your picnic tins above, we have stacks of them at the cabin too!

Christina said...

Oh I love the cash register. We had one of those growing up. Oh, good memories.

I love the little bird too. Looks like you found some great fun finds.