.

.

Saturday, September 19, 2009

Pink Shrooms!! Estate Sale Finds!

First, let me say that it has come to my attention that not everyone can comment on my blog, because of the way I had the settings. Well, I have since changed those settings so that anyone can comment! So if you have never been able to comment here before, I hope that you will now, because I'd love to hear what you have to say! Ok , now on with the show! I love estate sales. Chances are that you are going to find something there. Whether it's kitchen items, or linens, or jewelry, it usually can be found at an estate sale.
But pink mushrooms?!? I certainly didn't expect to find pink mushrooms! Did I need them? Of course not. But I had to have them!! Aren't they adorable? They're so perfect for my "Secret Garden". Now all I need is a garden gnome. Yes, need!

I also got this little cherub or angel there. She's very cute, but she looks too new, so she might get a good rubbing with some sandpaper!

Some vintage Halloween decorations! The one in the upper left corner is a mask!

A couple of old books. I love old books! I have too many old books. But who could pass up an old Audubon bird book, or an old Dracula book, which will go great with the above decorations!

An old tin. You either love these or hate these. I know some people think they are very tacky looking, but you can't beat that beautiful blue background, or the lovely roses. I look at them as beautiful storage for this 2-closet house!

I've decided that I want all of the Jane Austen movies, so I was very happy to find Emma.

Finally, I remember reading this Daphne du Maurier book, so I thought I would give the movie a whirl. Mr. Old Glory is on vacation this week, and we are going to be doing something on Sunday that I hope will make for a very colorful post on Monday. And that's all I'm going to say!!

13 comments:

Jocelyn said...

I love all of the Jane Austen movies too! My daughter has been to the Northwoods, and she tells me it's beautiful. The picture on the sidebar of my blog is taken there. Saw you mentioned it on Penniwigs blog :-)

Protector of Vintage said...

Such great finds.....I especially love the vintage Halloween decorations. Can't wait for your Monday post!

Anonymous said...

You are not too excited about them pink shrooms, now are ya? ;D

And poor little cherub, what did it do to deserve sandpaper scrubbin's?? You crack me up!☺

Shara said...

Sweeeeeet toadstools - I love them. And, PINK to boot - perfection!

The Halloween stuff is startig to peek out at the thrifts and I am hoping to score a bunch of vintage things this year. Your finds are good!

Lisa said...

Oh You hit the JACK POT!
Hugs, Lisa

blushing rose said...

Sha-ZAM! You made out!! Great finds. Love that rose tin ...

Have a wonderful week. TTFN ~Marydon

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

I love old tins. The tackier, the better.

Those pink mushrooms are adorable.

Wendy @ Ramblings from the Sunshine State said...

You found some great things, but my favorite are the Halloween decorations & the books!

Wendy @ Ramblings from the Sunshine State said...

You found some great things, but my favorite are the Halloween decorations & the books!

I always like to make sure I like the titles of the old books I buy!

Dawn said...

Great finds Carol. Those mushrooms look pretty large too. You coud almost use them as stools.

I have an award for you at my blog if you'd like to accept it.

When I started blogging I saw all these beautiful awards and thought the creativity behind them and the thoughtfulness of them was very special. I didn't realize they came with strings and was curious why some bloggers were "Award Free". Well, rules sometimes must give way to practicality so if you can only pass it on to a few people that is fine with me. Even if you can't play along please accept this award and my sincere belief that you deserve it.

Hugs
Dawn

Simply Shelley said...

Love those mushrooms...now those would have been very hard to pass up.....some little gnome will have a great home living under them...

Blessings

barbara said...

Hey, I have that pumpkin and scarecrow, too. The scarecrow kind of scares me. If I had seen those mushrooms, I'd have bought them, then wondered where I would put them so my husband would never, ever see them. I love 'em!

Susie's country cottage said...

I love that old tin. Oh those mushrooms are just right for a secret garden. I hope you have some fairies visiting!!