.

.

Monday, October 12, 2009

The Junk Box Is Headed For Oregon!

Shara @ Monkeybox had a great idea a couple of weeks ago. She would take a big, flat rate box from the post office, fill it with all kinds of stuff, and send it off to other junkers. They would take out what they wanted, then replace that junk with junk of their own, and then send it on to the next person. Last week the box arrived here, and boy was it heavy! Here is what I took out of the box:
I couldn't resist the poker chips, because I have to have anything RW&B! Same thing with that honeycomb fan thingy. Had to have it! I don't know if you can see the little stack of flash cards, but my daughter made this banner with them for me. And below is SOME of what I put in the box, to send to Laurie @ Magpie Ethel:

A pink pottery baby bootie, some pink lace, a pottery piggie, an old piece of molding with a mirror in the middle, two enamel pins, etc. When Laurie is done, the box makes it's way back home to Shara, and hopefully she finds some goodies in there that she likes. Thank you Shara, for thinking up this fun idea!

And finally, if you don't already have this Cath Kidston catalog, you really should get it. It's free, and you can send away for a copy here. Just click up in the right hand corner, where it says Request a Magazine. And it really is more of a magazine than a catalog. Lots of pretties to drool over!

14 comments:

svelteSTUFF said...

Ordered my CK mag. ! THANKS for the 'heads-up'!

Simply Shelley said...

Very fun indeed...you took out some neat goodies...I remember those little paper fans from my childhood.....blessings

Jocelyn said...

What a fun idea! Great way to refresh your "junk"!

Jocelyn
http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/

Shara said...

You got some goodies! And, you put good stuff in there too. I'm anxious to get the box back and see what sort of goodies I can find! Maybe I will send it out again...who knows? Thanks for playing along!

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

I remember those tissue paper fans, too. They were so delicate and fresh-looking, from the five-and-dime...

That junk box should be renamed "treasure box"!

Anonymous said...

What a fun idea! ♥

Sandi said...

Neat idea of sending the box around. I would probably forget to add anything as forgetful as I am!!
Blessings~

barncat (Lisa) said...

Fun in the mail and trading goodies! What could be better? Such a neat idea.

I've been getting that catalog for a few months now, I only wish the shipping wasn't so much here to the states :(

Protector of Vintage said...

What a fun idea!! I see lots of treasures there.

Thanks for mentioning the CK magazine. I'm going to order one. Have a great day.

Dawn said...

What a fun idea. I love the stuff you added to it too. I had never heard of CK untill recently when Laura at Amongst the Oaks shared some things her daughter brought home with her. Very cool!
We'll miss you tomorrow(I knew you would look!), hope its a trip for pleasure.
Hugs,
Dawn

laurie -magpie ethel said...

I already see things I want....that photo is such a tease. Can't wait till it arrives....I think those enamel pins will be mine...ALL MINE (insert diabolical laugh!) off to sign up for the CK catalog...

Lisa said...

Oh that box is fun! I have ordered my CK catalog but haven't gotten it yet!!
Hugs, Lisa

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

What fun to exchange "junk"...and I'll have to check out that catalog/magazine.
Deb :)

One Gal's Trash said...

Great idea on the travelling junk box! Hope you had good luck at the Covered Bridge Festival. Show us your stuff!
xo
Pam