Monday, November 9, 2009
Kreativ Blogger Award!
Maureen at The Green Suitcase recently gave me this award, and it's taken me this long to share seven things about myself that wouldn't scare you all away! ;-) Then I need to pass the award on to seven blogs. Ok, here goes:
1. I had a severe case of salmonella in my 20s. I should have been in the hospital, but I had no insurance at the time. My Dad kept me going with apple juice and popsicles. I hate apple juice to this day, but still love popsicles! But now I am a bit of a germaphobe. My husband would say a BIG germaphobe!
2. I am addicted to Lifetime movies. The trashier the better!
3. I like bugs! I loved it when we were inundated with cicadas a few years ago!
4. I am so severely allergic to dust that I have to wear a mask when dusting, then either get out of the house for a couple of hours afterwards, or continue to wear the mask for 2 hours after I'm done dusting. If I don't do this, I will get a terrible headache that keeps me in bed all day. That is why my home is so dusty sometimes. If I leave it alone, it's ok, but if I stir it up, there's trouble!
5. I am terrified of iceburgs. Crazy right? Thankfully there are no iceburgs in Illinois!
6. Have you ever seen those signs that say Nice Matters? I try to be nice to everyone I encounter, and always try to leave nice comments on blogs. When someone is rude to me, I tend to take it personally. I'm trying to work on that, and accept people for who they are, but mean people really do stink!
7. My dream is to move to the Northwoods of Wisconsin. It's my most favorite place in the world! I want to live in a little cottage in the woods, on a dirt road, near water like a creek or pond, and see deer every day, hear the coyotes howl at night, and maybe run into a bear while out for a walk in the woods. Wouldn't that be exciting?!
Well, I could go on and on, but it's probably already too much information! Thank you Maureen for this award! I had fun doing this post. Now I shall pass on this award to the following blogs that I love. Please visit them if you get a chance, and also visit Maureen's blog too. She's great at turning trash into treasures!
Janelle @ Sweet Bee Cottage
Laurie @ Magpie Ethel
Barbara @ Oodles and Oodles
Ann @ Protector of Vintage
Pam @ One Gal's Trash
Sandy @ 521 Lake Street
Jacqueline @ Once Upon A Fairyland