.

.

Monday, November 9, 2009

Kreativ Blogger Award!


Maureen at The Green Suitcase recently gave me this award, and it's taken me this long to share seven things about myself that wouldn't scare you all away! ;-) Then I need to pass the award on to seven blogs. Ok, here goes:

1. I had a severe case of salmonella in my 20s. I should have been in the hospital, but I had no insurance at the time. My Dad kept me going with apple juice and popsicles. I hate apple juice to this day, but still love popsicles! But now I am a bit of a germaphobe. My husband would say a BIG germaphobe!

2. I am addicted to Lifetime movies. The trashier the better!

3. I like bugs! I loved it when we were inundated with cicadas a few years ago!

4. I am so severely allergic to dust that I have to wear a mask when dusting, then either get out of the house for a couple of hours afterwards, or continue to wear the mask for 2 hours after I'm done dusting. If I don't do this, I will get a terrible headache that keeps me in bed all day. That is why my home is so dusty sometimes. If I leave it alone, it's ok, but if I stir it up, there's trouble!

5. I am terrified of iceburgs. Crazy right? Thankfully there are no iceburgs in Illinois!

6. Have you ever seen those signs that say Nice Matters? I try to be nice to everyone I encounter, and always try to leave nice comments on blogs. When someone is rude to me, I tend to take it personally. I'm trying to work on that, and accept people for who they are, but mean people really do stink!

7. My dream is to move to the Northwoods of Wisconsin. It's my most favorite place in the world! I want to live in a little cottage in the woods, on a dirt road, near water like a creek or pond, and see deer every day, hear the coyotes howl at night, and maybe run into a bear while out for a walk in the woods. Wouldn't that be exciting?!

Well, I could go on and on, but it's probably already too much information! Thank you Maureen for this award! I had fun doing this post. Now I shall pass on this award to the following blogs that I love. Please visit them if you get a chance, and also visit Maureen's blog too. She's great at turning trash into treasures!

Janelle @ Sweet Bee Cottage
Laurie @ Magpie Ethel
Barbara @ Oodles and Oodles
Ann @ Protector of Vintage
Pam @ One Gal's Trash
Sandy @ 521 Lake Street
Jacqueline @ Once Upon A Fairyland

19 comments:

barbara said...

Well, you're too nice to think of me, even if you do watch trashy movies. Thanks, Carol :)

barbara said...

Well, you're too nice to think of me, even if you do watch trashy movies. Thanks, Carol :)

laurie -magpie ethel said...

Thanks for thinking of me and my blog with the award dear! What a nice pick-me up on a rainy monday! Icebergs? The things I learn about people...it is a little crazy.

SugarPlumFairy said...

1. Dad is not the only one who thinks you are a germaphobe. Unfortunately it has rubbed off on me.
2. This has also rubbed off on me. Saturday afternoons at home are not complete if a Lifetime movie is not turned on.
3. Gross.
4. Runs in the family :/
5. No comment.
6. You really are the nicest person ever :)
7. The day you move I will be heartbroken.

Congrats on the award! <3

Jane said...

Congrats on the Kreativ Blogger Award. I really like this award because you get to know more about the people you communicate with on the blog.
I like Lifetime movies but only get to watch them when my husband is traveling!
Have a great week.
Jane

One Gal's Trash said...

Thanks so much for the award! Wow! All I've done today is pay bills...(some threatening to shut off service...don't tell my husband!) You SO made my day!
xox
Pam

★Carol★ said...

Yep. I'm a weirdo!

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

That was fun to read! Hey, I live in the Northwoods of Wisconsin and I see deer everyday and we have a little cottage! We love it but for a get-away we head to the twin cities for a little urban life! Guess the grass is always greener! Cindy

Sandy said...

Thank you so much for the award!!!! My very first one! I am doing a happy dance! :)

And I have to admit, the bug thing is a little creepy! LOL

Maureen said...

Carol - nice to get to know you a little better. Allows us to enjoy our similarities and differences. So glad you had fun!

Dust! When I go into a thrift shop or antique shop it usually takes me only a couple of minutes and the itchy throat starts. Sometimes I have to leave.

Oh bugs....no can do. Not sure if you have seen my garden blog but bugs and critters were a big thing for me this summer.

You are right, nice does matter. Don't take it to heart when someone is rude. You can only control you, and no one else. I think of it as giving without expectations.

Bugs? Really? lol

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

My first blog award! You are too sweet!

We could certainly use you out here with our June bugs the size of Buicks. They chased us in many a night this summer.

Maybe you sailed on the Titanic in another life...that might explain the iceberg fear. :)

And I totally 100% agree with you about treating people nicely. I always tell my students, "If there's only one thing you learn from me, I hope it's that you treat other people the way you want to be treated." (Hopefully they learn MORE than that with these days of state testing...)

Thanks again for the blog award. I'm touched.

Janelle

Vintage Christine said...

What a nice way to highlight some great blogs--I've been following Laurie's and Pam's blogs for awhile now but will check out your other favs, as well. So many fun creative women out there!

Unknown said...

I'm so thrilled with this award! I will be posting tomorrow on some odd ball events and happenings. Thank you for thinking of me, the feeling is mutual. I love your blog. It's happy like mine is and we all need that is this world. I like bugs too. For some reason, I feel sorry for potato bugs, lady bugs are pure magic and fireflies...yes, I even like a fly...he has a independent life of his own and gets around...caterpillars are so cozy...we have black and orange ones here...and a snail with a house shell on his back...those things I love!

Coralie Cederna Johnson said...

Well, Carol, that was fun to read more about you and the things you like! Woo-hoo! Bugs? Nada for me! But your description of Northern Wisconsin sounds like where I grew up in the U.P. of Michigan (11 miles from the Wisconsin border!) a wonderful place in the wilderness! Also, I love Lifetime Movies! What fun...congrats on your award! You deserve it!! Hugs, Coralie

Into Vintage said...

Your dream of the cottage in the woods sounds so perfect - except for the bear perhaps...bears are my icebergs. :-0 -amy

Protector of Vintage said...

Thank you, Carol!!! It was fun reading more about you. Have a great day!

Sue said...

Carol, trashy movies, huh? They are so poorly acted, but once I start watching, I can't turn them off! Then after they're over, I tell myself I'll never do it again! (til next time, that is...) LOL

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Carol, I enjoyed reading these things about you so much. It is always nice to get to know each other a little deeper. I love your dream of moving to the north woods of Wisconsin. It sounds wonderful. Enjoy your day! Twyla

Kori said...

Congratulations on your award Carol! your blog deserves it! Thank you so much for your kind comments honey. I appreciate you stopping by and leaving me feedback. I hope you have an amazing Sunday night. Kori xoxo