.

.

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Vintage Christmas Stuff For Rednesday!


It's that wonderful day of the week again that we red lovers look forward to! When you're done looking at my reds, please head over to It's A Very Cherry World, where Sue so kindly hosts this party every week. I found the following items at a thrift store this past weekend. Whoever thought that saving the best for last was a good thing is, well, wrong! I have to show you my most favorite Christmas find first!

I just love this thing! It's the most perfect vintage Christmas decoration to me! It says Relco, Made in Japan on the bottom.

And if you look closely, you can see that those little holes are for tiny candles, I believe. Probably little birthday candles would fit in the holes.

I also got these two sweet deer, also made in Japan. Guess what? It's official. I have a collection of these! I have another one packed away and all I have to do is find it!

I fell in love with this old flannel stocking too. The snowman are so cute and vintagey, just how I like them!

A close-up of one of the snowmen.

And last but not least, some more wonderfully tacky vintage plastic Christmas decor, which I love!

A close-up of one of the flocked, glittery birds. Fabulous!
Now here's my thought: Why put these things away? I'll only have to dig them out again in approximately 2 weeks, and I run the risk of putting them somewhere and forgetting where I put them. You know that you do that too! So why not? What do YOU think?

23 comments:

SueLovesCherries said...

I was hoping you'd post quickly! I can't believe all those were at a thrift store! We did good this week, didn't we?! I love your new header!

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Leave them up because they are sweet as can be!!
I was at the thrift store today and bought some items to re-sell.
I was there 3 hours...
Warmly,
Deb :)

Abatevintage said...

Oh what a lovely Rednesday post. I love all the pictures and the Christmas stocking, stockings are my favorite part of Christmas.

Blessings,
Heidi

Jane said...

I absolutely LOVE your Christmas stuff! And I'm in total agreement that the first item you pictured was the best. It is perfect. Keep them out, heck I'd keep them out all year :-)
Jane

claudie said...

Oh here comes Xmas..... hurray.
I LOVE them all and so very vintage and red! I know we had one of the little sled reindeer and santa when I was young... love it.
Happy Rednesday Day to you.
Love Claudie
xo

Bearly Sane said...

Love those little red reindeer!
Hugs,
Sani

Lisa said...

Great items, brings back wonderful memories!

Old Time Cindy said...

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...keep them out and displayed!
Living it up at Lakewood,
Cindy

Candy said...

All these vintage decorations have strings leading to childhood memories.
As for my garden...all summer as mine burned in the Texas heat I would see others bathed in blooms. Now I am happy to return the favor.
Happy Wednesday Blessings ;-)

Anonymous said...

Ha-ha, Carol! "wonderfully tacky, vintage, plastic" I think that's where we can use the word "kitchy"-right? The sleigh is my favorite but I have a soft spot for all vintage Christmas stuff from kitchy to classy.

I've been putting my Christmas thrift finds in boxes under my craft tables rather than toting them down to the basement. ♥

Robin Ennis Willson said...

Everything is neat! you must have a great place to "thrift" :) I recognize that santa art and love them.

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Wonderful finds and no need to put them away now! What a wonderful thrift store excursion you had!

sherri@lavenderfields said...

Oh you have such a cute site too! I love this little group! I think I joined just in time with Christmas coming! Have a wonderful Rednesday and I look forward to stopping by again soon : ) Sherri

Twyla and Lindsey said...

I love vintage Christmas decorations. They're so sweet. I think you should definitely leave them out so you can enjoy them longer. Have a nice day! Twyla

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

Wow! You found some great treasures. I like the little Santa and reindeer too. With all the wonderful things you and others find, you have inspired me to give up sleeping in on Saturdays. Well, maybe.....

Maureen said...

Love the reindeer! The forgetting. Puh-lease! Drives me crazy. And I don't need more crazy.

Brenda said...

Great stuff. I have one of the flannel stockings from my childhood. I think my mother made them from a fabric panel you cut out. Mine says sister and there was brother and baby. I still try and use mine even though my daughters have complained for years about the sister. They are grown now and don't bother me about it anymore. I always say I'm always a sister for life.

Sandy aka Doris the Great said...

I'm so glad I found your blog. I share your passion for vintage treasures (especially Xmas). I'll be following; come check me out too, if you'd like.

Protector of Vintage said...

You found some charming items, Carol!!

barbara said...

That was some thrift-store visit. I LOVE that sleigh.

Alison said...

Great finds!

We had something very similar to the last item when I was a kid.

Mom and Dad have gotten rid of all of that stuff ages ago, I'd love to find those vintage pieces now! I need to start getting out thrifting more often!

Unknown said...

I say....leave them out! I agree with you, I have a few Christmas things I have picked up and I am just "storing " them in the bedroom.....for some reason I am really rady for Christmas this year....how about you?????

Rosie Jodouin said...

I have 2 Sears and Roebuck Christmas doll ornaments, possiblya boy and a girl in the original package----great condition. Do you how much I can sell them for? Please let me know! Thanks sooo much! Love your site!

Rosie Jodouin
419 727-8888
2818 128 St. Toledo, OH 43611