.

.

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Weekend Finds=A New Collection!

There were no garage sales this past week, and only one estate sale in the area. I'm so glad that I finally discovered the website for estate sales (estatesales.net), because it looks like there is at least one every week. That should get me through garage sale withdrawal!
So I spotted lots of cupcake picks and cake decorations at this estate sale. This person was a cake baker extraordinaire! Lots of great Halloween ones.

And Valentine ones.

And Mother's Day.

Are these supposed to be Baby New Year, or for a new baby?

St. Patrick's Day picks...

Easter picks....

Christmas picks.....

And miscellaneous picks. Now normally, in the past, I wouldn't have given these a second glance. But after seeing Laurie's collection, over at Magpie Ethel, I had to start my own collection! So what I'm saying is, Laurie, is that it's all your fault! Laurie has so many cute collections. Have you ever bought anything because you saw it on someone else's blog? I am very guilty of that, as you'll see again, three pictures down from here!

So this is how I'm storing my picks. In Smuckers topping jars. Hey Mr. Old Glory! I need you to finish that caramel one, so that I can have another jar with a blue lid!

I said this person was a cake baker, and I wasn't kidding. She had tons of cake pans. I picked up this little heart one, to make a little cake for our daughter at college!

Ok, so I had to get these candles, because they look like Gurley candles. And I had to get these possibly Gurley candles because I see them alot on Barbara's blog, Oodles and Oodles. So, again, I am blameless in my purchasing habits. This time it's Barbara's fault!

I love this old Made in Japan heart planter. A perfect addition to the Valentine decorations!

Finally, I've seen these needle books on alot of different blogs, so I can't say who I specifically blame. I think I would have bought this anyway, even if I hadn't seen it elsewhere. The gals on the cover are so great, especially the one on the left. She looks like she is going to rip that fabric right out of the other lady's hands!
Well, Mr. OG is going to cringe when he sees all of those cupcake picks. And I'm going to say: But honey, it's not my fault.....

15 comments:

Susie's country cottage said...

Hi Carol
I love all the cake decorations and the way you have them stored and displayed in the jars is a brilliant idea! Now I will have to see what jars I have lying around but first...I need something to store in them...off to the shops I go!!
Hope you enjoy your week.
Susie

barncat (Lisa) said...

Start of another wonderful collection, I love everything you found this weekend!

Protector of Vintage said...

I like the creative way you have your cupcake picks displayed!!!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness sakes...you SCORED! That was the best puck in the net experience I've ever seen. The butcher, the baker and the candlestick maker are all on your side. I think your trip to see the baker was soooo worthwhile. Having a Kiddle moment over at Once Upon a Fairyland!

kattz*cottage said...

What a great find! Those are SO CUTE!! Love the way they look in your jars. I see lots of cupcakes in your future!

Barbara said...

You're killing me here with all that great stuff. There's no one I'd rather get in trouble with than Laurie, so thanks, I think!

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

I love those old cupcake piks. Simpler times, better designs, back then!!!

laurie -magpie ethel said...

So Barbara and I are labeled as troublemakers and have URGED you to add more collections...happy to take the blame. You scored on all those cupcake picks. At least I live far away so Mr. OG won't show up on my door step and give me a piece of his mind for the new collection (but at least you sweetened the deal by telling him he needs to finish the caramel smuckers!)

Sue said...

Oh how fun, Carol! I remember little picks in our cupcakes from my childhood! They were special occasion decorations- birthdays and holidays. I like how you put them in the jelly jars to display. You do such fun things! Thanks for the very sweet comment on my last post.
hugs, Sue

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

Your last purchase brought back memories for me! My mom had that needle booklet and gave it to me when I was a kid. Oh how I wish I still had it. Sweet regrets!

Into Vintage said...

Thank goodness you've identified those vintage culprits! We'll probably see their profiles on America's Most Wanted Vintage some day soon. :-) -amy

Lisa said...

Oh I just love them! Of course you had to have them!!
Hugs, Lisa

Dawn said...

I can relate! There are a couple of bloggers who have me looking at vintage in a whole new way!

Glad you won the Halloween giveaway, cute stuff!
Hugs,
Dawn

Nishant said...

Start of another wonderful collection, I love everything you found this weekend! Work from home India

Anonymous said...

NEEDEL CASES, I HAVE SPENT 30 YEARS COLLECTING THEM, I HAVE HAD SOME HEAT SHRINKED AND MATTED TO KEEP THEM IN PRISTINE SHAPE, THEY ARE IN MY SEWING ROOM, HAVE FUN COLLECTING