Well Hello There! Where have you all been??? Oh that's right, it's ME that pulled the vanishing act! It's been kinda busy around here, and obviously I'm not the type who can enjoy summer and blog at the same time! But I just had to pop in and wish everyone Happy Fall, and share what I've been up to these last several weeks.
1. JUNKING-No matter how busy life gets, I always try to make time to go junking. The garage sales have been awful, but I seem to always find a treasure at the flea market. That's where I found this picnic tin. It fits in perfectly with the Fall decorations!
2. SEWING-New curtains were long overdue in the living room. I didn't know exactly what kind I wanted, but I did know that they would have green in them, and I also knew that I would be making them. I love using sheets to make curtains, because how else can you get so much yardage for so little? As soon as I saw these sheets at Walmart, I knew we had a winner!
I like how they turned out. And I love the price. Two windows, four panels, all for under $8.00. You can't beat that! And if you're curious, the tinfoil in the flower pot is to keep the kitty from digging in there. Oh, and I didn't dust at all before I took this shot. Not apologizing, just stating a fact, so don't enlarge this or you might sneeze just from looking at it!
3. GARDENING-I started this project, and I'm still not done with it. I've since dug up all of those plants, laid down the weedblock fabric, and am slowing replanting. I have a crazy feeling that this project is going to carry over into next year.......
4. WE HAD A GARAGE SALE-This is what happens when you buy everything that you like, but it won't fit into your teeny tiny house! If it's sitting in the attic or in cupboards, I'm not enjoying it and I need to get rid of it. The worst part about having a garage sale? I can't go garage saling!
After the sale was over, I only kept a few things, like this tray. I figured, why not decorate my porch the way that I decorate the inside of the house?
So now I use trays on the porch too!
Nobody bought this poor little picnic tin at my sale. OK, OK, I actually pulled it from the sale before it ever got started! It's received a makeover, and I'll share it when it's completed!
5. CUTTING OUT OWLS-I hate it when I've got an idea in my head, and I can't find it in any stores. So I had to make it!
We've got tons of wood in the garage, so my only cost were those big buttons and an aching back from lots of time using the scroll saw and jigsaw.
I like it!
6. CURB SHOPPING-This umbrella is in great condition, and the colors are so perfect for Fall. Thank You Mrs. C for throwing away this gorgeous umbrella. I've been admiring it from afar, or rather, right across the street! ~~~~~~~~~I'm hoping to get back to blogging on a regular basis, and trust me, once we have our first frost, alot more of my time will be freed up. Gardening is my passion, but this has been one long dry summer. It will be a relief to pack the hose away! Looking forward to catching up with everyone and seeing what you've all been up to!