Well, we're into our first junking week of the new year, and I didn't find a darn thing! To console myself, I took a look back at the junk I found in 2013. While there wasn't a quantity of junk, we've all learned that it's quality that matters! Here's 13 of my best finds of 2013, in no particular order:
1. Chein Watering Can---The price of this watering can was waaaay out of my comfort zone, but after alot of trial and error on Ebay, I finally won this long sought after can!
2. Pink Zenith Tube Radio---This was a flea market find. I've had alot of great luck finding pink radios, but I think I've finally reached the point where I can safely walk away from one without buying it!
3. Glorious Green Plastic Bird Cage---Another item that was hard to find, but persistence pays off!
4. Hand-Quilted Butterfly Quilt---Honestly I've reached my limit as far as displaying and storing vintage quilts are concerned, but when it's a real beauty, and only $3, you're a fool to pass one like this up!
5. Dollhouse Gardening Shed---It was weeks before I finally talked the flea market seller into letting me have it at my price. I had to have it! Not only is it super-cute, but I think my dollhouse needed it too. Click HERE
to see my dollhouse and the other three sides of this sweet little shed.
6. Patriotic Picnic Tin---I've been trying to own one of these for years. It finally became apparent to me that I wouldn't/couldn't pay the going rate for one in good vintage condition, so I settled for a banged up one. Still love it to pieces!
7. Lady Head Vase---After years of collecting and selling these, I've fallen back in love with them, and particularly the more modern-looking gals like this one. She's a real charmer, even with a cracked neck. And those tacky plastic flowers are fantastic!
8. Girl Scout Camera---I'm crazy about vintage Girl Scout stuff! Don't even think about trying to win one of these on Ebay unless you've recently won the lottery. This camera was a happy cheap find at an antique store.
9. Red Tonka Truck---All it takes is the right flea market seller to turn up on a given week who is not asking an exorbitant amount for a vintage toy truck. The Ertl wagon/cart was a nice find later in the summer. Christmas Tree/Pumpkin Farm is OPEN for business!
10. Aqua Pyrex Fridgies---Ever since I decided to add some aqua to our kitchen, I've wanted some fridgies, but the only place I saw them was on those amazing Pyrex-loving blogs. Again, I wasn't comfortable with the price, but I knew I'd seriously rue the day if I passed them up. I'm still ruing the day, but it's because I didn't get the matching big-size fridgie!
11. BECO (Bernard Edward Company) Pink And Black Bird Cage---Did I need another bird cage? No. Did I want a pink and black one? I only hesitated a second before I lifted it off the shelf, so the answer is YES. It pays to stop at the thrift stores every single time you're in the area!
12. Birdie Clothespins and Why Yes, Another Watering Can---I originally bought these birdies to go in my cages, but I've since replaced them with vintage ceramic parakeets. So they're still waiting for me to find something cute for them to do/hold around the house. The watering can was another pricey addition, but the collection needed it!
13. Insect Flash Cards---Each card is a little work of art, and I'm just waiting for the right vintage picture frame to come my way so that I can display them all on the wall. I like bugs. Some of them are very pretty, and they all have their part to play in nature. As long as they stay outside!
It wasn't very hard to come up with the 13 listed above, because it just wasn't a very good junking year. But these next two pieces of junk deserve a little merit:
1. Flickery Christmas Lantern Decoration---It's the epitome of vintage Christmas decor for me. It's a lantern, it's plastic, and it lights up!
2. Cement Deer Statue---I especially love my garden junk, so when I saw this deer at an estate sale, I didn't take my hands off of it until someone came around to take my money and slap a big SOLD sign on it. This is what he looked like back in April when he was lovingly placed in one of the gardens.
Here he is, 3 weeks ago.
And here he is today. You can barely see him anymore!
Will it ever stop snowing?!?!
It's been snowing all day, and Monday the high is expected to be -10. That's 10 below zero! This snow isn't going anywhere for a very long time!~~~~~~~Thanks for looking at all of my "special" junk. Wishing everyone a year of good junkin'!!!