.

.

Thursday, May 19, 2011

IN THE GARDEN


Things are still really poppin' in the garden over here! Let's take a peek.......

One of the miniature azaleas is just starting to bloom.

Mini daffodils. Do you remember when I said that I would share my favorite plant in the garden, and that it was yellow? Well, it's not these daffodils.....

The buttercups are just starting to bloom. And they're yellow. But they aren't my favorite either.

This IS my favorite plant! Corydalis Lutea. It's a perennial, and it blooms from late April until frost. Isn't that crazy for a perennial?! So, although this is my favorite plant in the garden, it's not my favorite flower in the garden. But that will have to wait until later in the summer.....

I planted the bike basket, with red Million Bells (Calibrachoa), pink Diascia, and some Begonias. Can't wait 'til it all starts spilling out of the basket!

Mr. Old Glory made this shelf thingy for me several years ago, and it sits on the back porch. He also made that birdhouse at the top that's a replica of our house. Anyway, this is what the shelf thingy looked like last summer.

I have no room for any more pottery in the house, but I can't stop buying it, so now it's going on the porch! I hope to replace each birdhouse with a vintage piece of pottery this summer!
NEXT WEEK: I've started a makeover on the windowbox on the garage, and I'll show it when I'm finished. Hopefully it will turn out ok, because right now I'm kinda hating it......

10 comments:

Mecky said...

Your garden is looking wonderful!!

I absolutely LOVE the birdhouse! That is so cool!!

Have a great Friday!!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Carol your garden is looking so pretty. I love the bike basket! I also love vintage pottery and have so much but keep buying also. Most of mine is on shelves on our screened porch. Looking forward to more photos. hugs, Linda

My Vintage Mending said...

Carol it looks fantastic. I have a hard time believing anything you've done turning out badly. How's the kitchen coming? Smiles...Renee

birdie blue said...

you're garden is poppin'!

love the vintage pottery on the porch.
xo
~molly

SLR said...

Beautiful! Finally we are getting some nice weather!
I did some planting yesterday :)
I love your bicycle basket planting!!

Jane said...

Your garden looks beautiful! I love the flowers in the bike basket....so pretty!! Your husband is very handy, love the bird houses!
Jane

Unknown said...

Lovely photo's your flower's and garden look beautiful. Love the little cupboard to. have a lovely weekend, dee x

Protector of Vintage said...

Your garden looks lovely!! I'm going to seek-out that Corydalis Lutea and see if it will grow around here!! That birdhouse replica of your house is so cute. You've got a talented hubby!! Have a great weekend.

Karen said...

Carol... you got such a deal on that pink bowl!! I have Googled it yet but I bet you did really well. I hope you keep it. Amazing! I can't wait to see your next big find.
So good to get to know-ya!
Karen
Ladybug Creek

LV said...

I enjoyed your visit today. These two kiddos thought it funny they both lost a tooth in front at the same time.