.

.

Sunday, September 25, 2011

MY WEEKEND FINDS


Thanks for tuning in to another episode of My Weekend Finds, the continuing saga of one girl's quest for more junk!
I went to lots of yard sales, but it was the estate sales where I really found alot of loot! And there were additions to lots of my collecting categories too.

The VINTAGE CHRISTMAS category saw alot of additions. None of this was priced, so I was pretty nervous when I brought it all up to the table to pay. The cashier asked if $6 was ok. That could possibly be the stupidest question I've ever been asked!

Oh, and little elf dudes? Yes, the rumors you've heard are true.

You WILL end up in this jar. just like every other elf!

The HALLOWEEN category saw lots of additions. These blow molds, vintage and new, were $1 each. I'm selling a couple of these, so check my sidebar to see what I'm UN-hoarding on Ebay.

These are some of the die cuts that I got at that same estate sale.

I've always wanted these two.

The best part is that they were 25 cents each!

The PATRIOTIC category got one addition. I've been seeing these hats all summer. They're vintage, and I love them, but they're made of styrofoam, and I've felt that they would break so easily. This one was so cheap that I decided I wouldn't feel too bad if it broke.

The McCOY POTTERY category got that big pink vase added to it.

And the VINTAGE AVON category received another parakeet bottle and that groovy Demistik, Hawaiian White Ginger scented. My favorite when I was a teenager!

And last we have three additions to the VINTAGE GARDENING TOOLS category. All in all, a very fine week for collecting. Again, don't forget to check out what I'm selling on Ebay each week, because you might have seen something here that you liked, and it just might be for sale!
So, did any of your collecting categories get some additions?

24 comments:

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

you buy what I do, vintage holiday, mccoy and vintage garden items! What a great haul, I have elf envy!

Robin@DecoratingTennisGirl said...

I love those little black cats! Wonderful finds!

Karen said...

Wow! You hit the jackpot!! Loved seeing your new - old stuff.
Karen
Ladybug Creek

Swanky Salvage Decor said...

I LOVE those elves! They are really hard to find in my area. In the years I've been junking, I've only found one at a yard sale.

Musings from Kim K. said...

I am in love with your Halloween blown molds. I saw several of them yesterday at the Allegan Antique market. None of them came close to $1 that you paid apiece for them. Lovely Halloween die-cuts too.

My Vintage Mending said...

Carol you scored again. Never have seen a green blow mold. Love the pink pottery and that Parrot is very vintage. I remember my Aunt the Avon lady would sort her orders on the dining room table. That parrot brought back memories...smiles...Renee

Gina at Vintage Junk in My Trunk said...

Wow, you got some great stuff! Love the Halloween cats!

Mary said...

I love the elves. I still have mine from when I was little and we display it every Christmas. The elves they make today just aren't the same as the vintage ones.

I love how you have all the elves secured in the glass LOL no escaping LOL

Jocelyn said...

Great buys! And the pink McCoy is awesome!

Jocelyn @
http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/

Mecky said...

You found some wonderful goodies! I bought an elf/pixie at the antique show I went to but I didn't get him that cheap!

Going over to ebay to check that out!

Ann said...

Love your new little elves! Do they stay in the jar at Christmas? Like all the halloween too--great finds.
Ann

Andy's Attic said...

Super weekend finds!! Love the die cut kitties and the garden things. You really do find good things. I think I need to hunt a little harder :>)
Annette

Barbara said...

Now I know where all the good estate sales were this weekend - in your neighborhood! Love those black cats.

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Love those elves! Wish I could find some...I'll just keep looking! You got some great additions to your collections. I'm still in Cali and no buying for me. Boy and I ready for some junking when I get home!
hugs, Linda

laurie -magpie ethel said...

That first shot of your Christmas finds did me in. Lucky day!

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Wow! You done good. Lots of great stuff to add to your collections. Have a wonderful week. Tammy

Protector of Vintage said...

What great additions to your collections and at such reasonable prices!!

Anonymous said...

You hit the jackpot this week!!!! I am so addicted to vintage Christmas and Halloween!!!!

JunkStuffTreasures said...

You have a great variety of collectibles. Love your pottery and gardening pieces. The elf jar is a little scary, though...LOL!

Maureen said...

You never cease to amaze me.... the stuff that you find!

Heartfelt living said...

What great finds and the price was perfect too!
I love all your holiday items,especially the cute little elves btw they look adorable in your jar!

Sarah said...

21 comments! You have busy friends over here. :)

LOVE those witches. And those cats.

GerryART said...

Hi! Just read your comment regarding winning the dotty garland.
And now I read your Profile Domestic Goddess
A gal after my own heart.

Sign me up as your newest Follower

hugs
Gerry

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

WOW!!
You were able to snatch up some great goodies this weekend!! I LOVE the Halloween and the Christmas vintage items!!
So cute!!

Hugs,
Debbie